Logo - Pulver Carr

...helping you make the right move!

Home > Lettings

Trust Our Agents, in Pinner Middlesex, to Successfully Let Your Property

Find reliable tenants to let your home by turning to our lettings agency. At Pulver Carr, in Pinner, Middlesex, we are specialists in advertising properties to let. The lettings division of our highly regarded firm has been letting and managing properties since 1994. We have many clients who have let or sold their properties through our company for more 15 years.

Let Your Home

Once you have decided that you want to let your property, it is important that you choose a professional agency. Following your instructions, we work tirelessly to find the right tenant for your home. All of our tenants are fully referenced with credit checks that have been carried out by FCC Paragon for your peace of mind. They also offer a rent guarantee. Simply ask one of our friendly representatives for more details.


Either our founder, Allan Carr, or one of our skilled lettings mangers will come and complete a valuation on your home. The valuations we carry out take into account current market conditions and are based on previous sales. Over time, we have developed our skills and knowledge, building up an enviable reputation. Thanks to this, many mortgage valuers will contact us when they require our professional opinions.


Here at Pulver Carr, we take pride in our high level of professionalism. Backing this up, we are members of the following organisations:

The Property Ombudsman™

Pulver Carr is registered to The Property Ombudsman and approved by the Office of Fair Trading (OFT). In addition, we have agreed to follow the TPO Code of Practice for Residential Estate Agents, approved by the OFT under its Consumer Codes Approval Scheme. Estate agents signing up to this code of practice are required to provide additional consumer protection that goes beyond that required by the law.

The Guild of Professional Estate Agents

The Guild of Professional Estate Agents is a national network of more than 750 carefully selected, independent estate agents working together to ensure a 'best-in-class’ service to the public. As active, long-standing members of this network, we pride ourselves on building loyal, reputable, and professional local business that depends greatly on the quality of service that we provide to our clients.

Tenant Fees & Charges

When you choose to rent a property through Pulver Carr, there are a few fees and charges that will incur. Listed below, you will find them detailed in full.


You must be in full, permanent employment and earn 30x the monthly rent per annum. You must have a good credit history with no county court judgements, or have been declared bankrupt within the last six years.

Please note:

Should you not meet the above criteria, you must inform a member of staff before you pay any reference fees to us as they are strictly non-refundable. If you require a guarantor, they must also meet the above criteria. All reference fees are non-refundable once they have been paid regardless of whether the application is accepted or declined. A non-refundable deposit that equates to one weeks’ rent would need to be paid in order to secure the property and to have it taken off the market whilst we apply for your references. This deposit is only refundable if the landlord were to withdraw from the transaction. Prior to you moving into the property, you will need to pay the first months’ rent (less the holding deposit held), plus the dilapidations deposit (which equates to six weeks’ rent). For tenants with pets, the dilapidations deposit may vary according to the landlord’s requirements.

Administration Fees

Once you have agreed to rent a property through Pulver Carr, you will need to pay an administration fee of £100 including VAT per adult. This sum will include the cost for the credit checks and references. The same cost will be incurred should a guarantor be required.


Once an offer has been accepted and prior to being granted a tenancy, you must complete an application form giving details of your employer, salary, any previous landlord, name of a character reference, and your bank or building society details. This information will be used to take up references from the named parties and to check your credit rating. It is in your interest to tell referees that they will be contacted by our referencing agency, asking them to reply as quickly as possible so that there is no delay in granting you a tenancy. If you do not pass the referencing criteria, you will not be given a tenancy. We will also require three forms of identification, including photographic id (passport / EU driving licence).

Non-Refundable Holding Deposit

In order to secure the property while references and credit checks are being applied for, we would require a non-refundable holding deposit that would equate to one weeks’ rent. This sum will be paid towards your first months’ rent. If the monthly rental payment were £1,500 PCM, you would need to lodge £346.15.

Rent Payments

When a tenancy is entered into by the landlord and the tenant, the tenancy agreement will require that you pay the rent by standing order. The first instalment of rent must be paid in cleared funds prior to your occupation (less the non-refundable holding deposit). If your rent is paid late, you will incur the following charges:

  1. Each and every written rent demand: £15 plus VAT. Two demands will be sent prior to the commencement of legal proceedings.
  2. If a cheque issued by you has to be represented or is referred to drawer or a standing order is recalled and bank costs are incurred by the Landlord or Pulver Carr, you will pay £15 plus VAT on each occasion to cover costs.

Dilapidations Deposit

All our dilapidations deposits are registered and lodged with The Deposit Protection Service in their custodial scheme. This will be paid by you on or before the start of your intended tenancy. No interest is payable to you on the deposit, which will be held either by your landlord or ourselves depending upon the services we are providing to the landlord if the tenancy is an Assured Shorthold Tenancy (AST), the deposit protection scheme of which either the landlord or we are a member. This will clearly be shown on the tenancy agreement.

The deposit will be registered and lodged with the Deposit Protection Service (DPS) in their custodial scheme and will be returned at the end of the tenancy by the DPS after deductions have been agreed between the parties for any damage or other breach of the tenancy agreement. See below for full details of Tenancy Deposit Protection.

Your tenancy agreement sets out exactly how the money will be dealt with at the end of the tenancy and what you can expect to happen. The fact that a deposit has been paid does not mean that a tenant can afford to ignore any other promise contained in the tenancy agreement. The money paid as the deposit does not represent the extent of your liability to the landlord for any breach of the agreement.

If you are a joint tenant, it is up to you to decide how the deposit is to be paid. At the end of the tenancy the landlord may choose to pay the remaining sum to one joint tenant or split the money between each person forming the tenancy. You must arrange for that sum to be divided properly between joint tenants. You might decide that one tenant should have a smaller share of the returned deposit because he or she was responsible for more of the damage. That is up to you. If you, another person, or a third party pays the whole deposit, we suggest that you inform us in writing at the start of the tenancy so that a suitable clause can be included within the tenancy agreement.

The deposit cannot be used to pay the rent during the tenancy or for the last period of the tenancy. It may however, be used after the tenancy has finished to compensate the landlord if the tenant has been in breach of his obligations under the tenancy agreement by failing to pay rent.

Since April 2007, all deposits held for an Assured Shorthold Tenancy (AST) must be protected by a scheme and since October 1 2010 to all tenancies to an individual who resides in the property as their main home with a rent up to £100,000 per year which will become an AST. The schemes are as follows:

  • Deposit Protection Service (DPS)
  • My Deposits Trading as Tenancy Deposit Solutions Limited

Tenancy Deposit Scheme

At the end of the tenancy, no deductions can be made from the deposit without the written consent of both parties. If there is a dispute regarding the deductions, the dispute will be resolved by one of the above schemes who will adjudicate and decide how the deposit should be returned. Full details of the scheme which protects your deposit is shown in the tenancy agreement. Further information can be obtained from the government website on www.communities.gov.uk/tenancydeposits.

Inventory & Schedule of Condition

An Inventory and Schedule of Condition should be prepared prior to the start of the tenancy. This will describe the condition of the inside and outside of the property, its contents, the garden, and any other outbuildings if applicable. You will be given a copy after the check-in if we manage the property. Otherwise you will obtain a copy of any Inventory direct from the landlord.

Check-Ins & Checkouts

We will arrange for an inventory clerk to check you into the property at the beginning of your tenancy. The purpose of this check-in is to note the condition of the property and any contents shown in the inventory on the day that a tenancy commences, and to alert us and the landlord to any minor repairs and maintenance that may be necessary.

When your tenancy comes to an end, you will be responsible for the cost of the checkout report. The amount payable depends upon the size of the property and this sum will be paid directly to the inventory clerk. This is to check that the property is left by you in as good a condition as when you moved in, and, if not, to note the items that have been damaged and assess any compensation payable to the landlord. You will have to pay compensation to the landlord for the damage. This sum will be deductible from the deposit with the written consent of both parties.

When we do not provide a full management service, the landlord will make arrangements with you to check the property at the start and end of the tenancy.

You should always attend the check-in and checkout as it is in your interests to do so and for your protection. If you are unable to attend you should arrange for a third party to attend in your place.


You will be responsible for paying all the services that you use. This includes, telephone, broadband, television licence, gas, electricity, water, and council tax.

Complaints Procedure

In the event that you have cause to complain about the service provided and are unable to resolve the matter with the negotiator that you had been dealing with the please write to:

  • Allan Carr
  • Pulver Carr
  • 349 Uxbridge Road
  • Hatch End
  • Pinner
  • Greater London
  • HA5 4JN

This complaint will be acknowledged within three working days of receipt of your complaint and an investigation will be made. A written response of the outcome of the investigation will then be sent to you within 14 working days. If you remain unsatisfied with that outcome, you can refer your grievance with The Property Ombudsman.

CONTACT OUR LETTINGS AGENCY TODAY, in Pinner, Middlesex, to find out more about our range of properties to let.